Monday, November 10, 2014

Avoiding the Question

The Girl wanted to read The Cat In the Hat before bed tonight.  You sort of forget what a terrible influence The Cat In the Hat is.  The Fish is the voice of reason.  The Cat terrorizes The Fish and makes a huge mess in the process.

The end of the story reads:

Should we tell her (mother) about it?
Now what SHOULD we do?
Well…what would YOU do
If your mother asked YOU?

Poor Dick and Sally.  What should they do?  So I asked The Girl, who is 3 1/2.

Me: So, what should they do?
TG: …Mama...
Me: No, Dick and Sally.  What should they do?  Should they tell their mother what happened?
TG: … Mommy…
Me: Should they tell their mom about The Cat In the Hat?  And what he did?
TG: …
Me: OK.  Would you tell me?  Would you tell me if that happened here?
TG: … *big grin*
Me: Oh my gosh.  You wouldn't tell me would you?  You wouldn't say anything at all.
TG: *laughter*

Seriously.  We're in trouble over here.



No comments:

Post a Comment