Sunday, December 1, 2013

Late to the Party

I am under no illusions here.  I know that I am not in-the-know the way that I used to be.  When I worked at a radio station and went to concerts and movies all the time and went CD shopping every month.  I'm home with two kids and usually get my latest pop culture news through the filter of a ten year old boy and his friends.  I try- I really do- but I forget to write things down that the kids on the college stations play, and my copies of Uncut often go unread.  And most of my grown up friends are in the same boat as me.  I used to roll my eyes at people who got stuck in an era with their music- like classic rock radio.  But now I get it.  You hit a certain point in your life and it requires some effort to stay current.

So, I know that Waxahatchee has been around for a couple of years.  And I know that she's had a lot of buzz this year, especially since her second album, Cerulean Salt, came out this past spring.  I even heard a couple of songs off of it over the last several months on NPR and college radio.  But we just listened to the whole album this weekend on our way to Hidden Valley and, damn.  Is it good.  I mean, it's just crazy good.  And I felt like I needed to share that.  Because if you're like me and you have a hard time keeping up these days, then you should know about her. And if you already know about her and you're rolling your eyes at me, well that's ok.  I'm sure that you'd like to hear this song then anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment