Friday, November 8, 2013

Day 8: Margarita Friday


What does one need after a long week?  Homemade Margaritas, of course.  My husband's are so phenomenally good, they have ruined me for most restaurant Margaritas.  I mean, I'll still order them.  I just do it with the knowledge that they'll be nowhere near as delicious as his.  The recipe is basic and easy:

1 ounce tequila
Dash of Triple Sec
Lime juice   (Fresh lime juice is key. Bottled is always a let down.)
Salt on the rim   (Optional. Although it's not optional for me. Bring on the salt.) 

That's it.  No need for mixes.  We used to make them with crushed ice in our blender, but in the last year he started mixing them in the cocktail shaker and we've been drinking them on the rocks.  I was a little surprised to find that I prefer them this way.

Margaritas are best enjoyed with friends who make you laugh.  A lot.  It was a great Friday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment