Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Day 27: Donny Who Loved Bowling

It's been a quiet, but rather good day over here.  It started with a two hour school delay (which, having been up and out of the house at 6am I can guarantee you they did not need, but you know, the kids love it).  Anyway we all got to have a leisurely morning, and then I ran some errands.  I got all the Thanksgiving groceries we needed, found snow boots for The Girl (and felt ridiculous for stressing about it last night), finished a few more errands, and then had a reasonably quiet and relaxing evening at home with the family.

So, here I am, up after the family has gone to bed.  Eating taffy and watching tv.  I was going to go to bed sooner, but John Goodman was on Letterman and I love John Goodman.  I'd invite him to Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow if I could.  He's awesome.

One of my all-time favorite movies featuring John Goodman is The Big Lebowski. Truthfully, everything Goodman has done with the Coen Brothers is fantastic.  But this is one of my favorites.  We saw it when it came out at The Beehive in Oakland, when they still showed movies.  The Husband and I loved it.  Each time I watch it I love it even more.  It's one of those movies that actually gets funnier every time you see it.  And this?  Is seriously one of the best scenes in the movie.



Hilarious.  I crack up every time I watch it.  And now if you'll excuse me, I think I need to make myself a White Russian.

No comments:

Post a Comment