Sunday, November 24, 2013

Day 24: End of the Celebration

Birthday celebrations should not just be confined to someone's actual birthday.  I tend to get a few dinners and several lunches out of my birthday every year.  Which is awesome.  There's nothing I like more about my birthday than being reminded that I have a lot of people who care about me and are happy that I'm here.  I try hard to do the same for them when their turn comes around.  It's good to be appreciated for just being you.

This year my birthday stretched into three lunches and three dinners.  The last dinner was tonight.  To be fair, the dinner wasn't just for my birthday.  Our friend's birthday is the day after mine, so we go out for a dual birthday dinner every year.  His wife and The Husband have birthdays within two weeks of each other, too, so we get two dual birthday dinners a year.

First, my friend and I took our boys to see Potted Potter this afternoon.  I wasn't sure what to expect of a show that promises seven Harry Potter books in 70 minutes, but it was very good, very funny.  My friend's son was practically on the floor he was laughing so hard.

The boys hung out at their house for a couple of hours while I went home.  We were supposed to meet at a restaurant in the Strip District, but they got there before we did and they were told that they were booked for the night.  Crazy, really, for a Sunday.  Unless everyone is avoiding having to cook until Thanksgiving.  Anyway, we ended up at Church Brew Works instead.  I had pizza and beer for dinner and it was delicious.  Perfect way to end my birthday celebrating.

This week officially starts the holidays.  I'm totally not ready- lists aren't made, nothing's been bought, I'm not even sure when my dad is supposed to get here for Christmas.  But this is the week when I need to start thinking about all that stuff I guess.  Hopefully I can get my act together quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment