Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Day 13: And Then Things Get Better

I woke up in a very grouchy mood.  After getting the kids to school I ran an errand and then picked up a late breakfast for myself.  What are the diet secrets of skinny people?  For starters, they don't have gingerbread lattes and blueberry scones for breakfast.  Whatever.  It's been a crummy week so far.  Nothing tragic.  Just you know, not great.   So I felt like indulging.

My morning was wide open since my hairdresser cancelled on me for a second time.  Both times it's been because her son has been sick.  Which is totally legitimate and I feel bad for the kid- preschoolers are constantly giving each other all kinds of  germs.  But, I don't know.  My hair.  It's looking so terrible.  I just want it to be cut. Instead, I stayed home and tried to get stuff done.  And, of course, not much actually got done.

I picked The Girl up from school and we went to a friend's house for lunch.  We had curry and strawberries and it was delicious.  The Girl and her friend had a nice time playing together.  We headed home, The Girl had a late nap, and then she went off to another friend's house to play while I went to get The Boy from school.  We stayed at the playground for a while, and I got to have some adult conversation- always a bonus.

Not a bad afternoon, I thought as we left Trader Joe's and drove home.  The Husband was back from an out of town business trip, so I left The Boy and went to pick up The Girl.

We came home to The Boy and The Husband acting odd.  The Boy said, 'I know your birthday is later this week.  But I thought I would give you an early birthday present...'  And he held out the ring. My engagement ring that has been missing since Monday morning.  I gasped.  'Where did you find it?!' 

It was wedged in this:



A rocking motorcycle that was built for The Boy when he was a toddler.  The Girl plays with it now.  And apparently uses to hide her valuable treasures.  Thankfully The Boy found it despite her best efforts.

Can I just tell you how this made my day?  It totally made my day so much

The End.

2 comments:

  1. Ohmygoodness! I'm so glad you found it! Yay for multiple eyes and lots of searching! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mandy! Hope you're having a nice weekend!

      Delete