Sunday, June 16, 2013

Anniversary


Actually, this is late.  I missed the anniversary.

One year ago from this past May 15, my thyroid came out.  It was full of cancer.  Good fucking riddance I say.

Why so late with a celebratory post?  I don't know.  We've been crazy busy.  I know, everyone is.  It's a terrible excuse.  But there you have it.  Some things fall by the wayside when life speeds up, and this blog, unfortunately, is one of them.  Not my choice you understand.  The family would protest though.  Plenty of other things are being neglected too.  Cleaning, mostly.  And other house projects.  Those keep piling up as well.

Anyway, the last year has slowly but steadily gotten better.  Some side effects from the radioactive iodine are still lingering though.  I'll go into that in another more detailed post before the end of the month.   Mainly, I'm still having some parotid gland issues.  Of course, it's way better than having cancer, but that doesn't mean that it's not a pain in the ass.  Because it is.

Still, I'm healthy and I'm here and I get to hang out with my family every day and that is honestly the absolute best.  School is out, the Boy couldn't be happier, and we have a very fun and busy summer ahead of us.  Awesomeness.

One last thing before I end this rambling post.  Last July I posted a picture of my scar online.  I had just started using Earth Mother Angel Baby balm on my thyroid surgery scar.  11 months later (and 13 months post surgery), the scar is significantly lighter.  I'm pretty pleased, and I honestly don't use the balm as often as I should.  They recommend 3-4 times a day.  I average once a day, sometimes twice.  It's good stuff.

July 2012



June 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment