Thursday, May 24, 2012

Back In Black

It's been just over two years since I last posted here. I could give lots of reasons and lots of excuses. But probably the best way to sum it up is that after the last post I got busy! Spring is a busy season around here- lots of stuff happening at the boy's school, lots of home projects, the usual stuff that we are all busy with. But the biggest reason I stopped writing is, two months after my last post, I got pregnant. And then I got very very tired.

I'm still tired! I have a beautiful baby girl who is more of a toddler now than a baby. And the boy is now 9. Which is just crazy to me. But even though I am tired, I am motivated to start with the writing again. I was diagnosed with papillary thyroid cancer on April 30th. So! Lots of cheery posts from here on out to be sure.

Seriously though. One of the things I appreciate about the internet is how it gives a voice to lots of different groups, and the ability you have to form communities around lots of different topics. If reading about my experiences with thyroid cancer makes things easier for just one person out there it will be worth it. And if no one reads these posts, well it's still worth it. Catharsis for me and all that. And I look forward to the day when I can look back at these posts and say, that was a bitch, and I am glad to be done with that part of my life.

Anyway. I guess you know that I am glad to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment