Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Rodrigo y Gabriela

So today was a big day. I had my first physical in a long time. Because turning 40 means you start taking certain things seriously.

My physical went very well, thanks. The only surprise- an ekg. AN EKG. I don't know why that surprised me- needing a baseline for my heart- it only makes sense. So they hooked me up to one machine. And it didn't work. Of course. All the little circles that had so carefully been taped to my body had to be carefully taken off. New ones put on. The end result 20 minutes later was that everything is peachy. phew. I would have been surprised if it wasn't. But still.

I left the doctor's office to meet my lovely friend Kate. She had invited me to join her at a local public radio station to see Rodrigo y Gabriela. Kate is incredibly interesting, and I don't get out to shows the way I used to, so I took her up on it. Even though I didn't know anything by Rodrigo y Gabriela.

It was awesome. They're both incredibly talented, but I was really blown away by Gabriela. I've never seen anyone play guitar the way she does. It's amazing. Go here to see for yourself. I'll wait...

I *know*. Right? How do her fingers move like that? I so recommend going to see them live if you get a chance. They are fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment