Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas N'at

So, I had all of these ideas in my head of things that I was planning to write. But truthfully, they were all fairly negative. Lots of down-with-the-holidays kind of stuff. These ideas cropped up while I was getting ready for Christmas, and unfortunately, have persisted throughout.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I have an almost 7 year old. The holidays rock. My kid is at an age where he wants *everything* and he still believes in Santa Claus. So. We're in a pretty good place over here.

On the other hand, my dad has been here. I love my father, but he's not exactly an always-look-on-the-bright-side-of-life kind of a guy. Without going too much into it, he can be rather pessimistic and argumentative. That, coupled with any panicky-pre-holiday kind of energy I had for a while, has put me in a bit of a slump.

The thing is, our holidays have been pretty great. Even with my dad. And, even with my kid's fever. The kid was sick on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Not too terrible- he was still eating, which always says to me not to worry about things. And his fever wasn't too high- I think it peaked at 102. But we did have to cancel on a party we were looking forward to. And by yesterday everyone was a little cagey.

Still. The days have been packed with good food, good drink, lovely presents, and, for the most part, good company. The kid is up and has been playing with friends for the past couple of days. It's been snowing off and on here for the last week or so, so we even had a white Christmas.

So, in the end, a happy holiday season. And we're right in the middle of it, so there's more good stuff to come I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment